Virtual Asset Service Provider
Central Bank of Ireland
Application for Registration Information
- BVI Cryptocurrency Licensing and Regulations
- Canada MSB Crypto License
- Czech Republic – Crypto License
- Isle of Man Cryptocurrency
Exchange & Trade
Crypto Exchange & Wallet License
- Cyprus Brokerage Services
Forex Trading License
- Labuan Money Broker License (Forex)
- Mauritius Investment Dealer
& Broker License
- Seychelles Securities Dealers License, Forex
- Vanuatu Securities Dealers
Licenses - Forex
Institutions (EMI - PSP)
- Canada MSB
Alternative to EU EMI license
A Location for E-Money and Payment Institutions
Ireland EMI License
Payment Intermediary Services
Online Payment Services Provider (PSP)
- New Zealand FSP
Financial Services Providers
One of the World’s Prime Location for
E-Money and Payment Institutions
- BVI Hedge Funds
- Panama PIF20 – PIF50
Private Placement Funds in Panama
- UK PFLP
Private Fund Limited Partnerships
- Luxembourg - Private Asset
Management Company (SPF)
- Luxembourg SOPARFI
Holding & Finance Company
- Vanuatu Securities Dealers
Foreign Exchange (FX)
Application for Registration Information
For those seeking to apply for registration as a Virtual Asset Service Provider (‘VASP’), the The Central Bank of Ireland (‘Central Bank’) is the competent authority in Ireland with responsibility for the AML/CFT registration and supervision of VASPs under the Criminal Justice (Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing) Acts 2010 to 2021, as amended (‘CJA 2010 to 2021’). It is important to note that a registration as a VASP is a registration for AML/CFT purposes only.
VASPs are “designated persons” for the purposes of the CJA 2010 to 2021 and are required to comply with the AML/CFT obligations contained under Part 4 of the CJA 2010 to 2021.
Applicant Firms applying for AML/CFT registration will have to submit an application to the Central Bank. In order for the Central Bank to approve an application for registration, the Central Bank must be satisfied that an Applicant Firm’s AML/CFT policies and procedures are effective in combatting the money laundering and terrorist financing (‘ML/TF’) risks associated with its business model, and an Applicant Firm’s management and beneficial owners are fit and proper.
Each applicant seeking registration must satisfy the Central Bank that it can meet its obligations under the CJA 2010 to 2021. In fulfilling its statutory role in this regard, the Central Bank adopts a robust, structured and risk-based process that seeks to ensure that only those applicants that demonstrate that they are in a position to comply are registered.
The Central Bank will process each application for registration as expeditiously as possible, while meeting its obligation to operate a rigorous and effective gatekeeper function.
Before Applying for RegistrationIn advance of submitting a VASP AML/CFT registration form, the Applicant Firms should satisfy itself that:
- the services it is proposing to offer constitute VASP services as set out in the CJA 2010 to 2021;
- it is in a position to comply with its AML/CFT obligations under the CJA 2010 to 2021; and
The onus is on the Applicant Firm to ensure that it is satisfied that it is conducting a VASP activity. Independent legal advice should be sought if an Applicant Firm is in any doubt as to whether registration is required.
Summary of the Key Stages in the Registration Process1. Applicant submits a VASP Pre-Registration Form to the Central Bank.
2. The Central Bank issues an email to the applicant containing an Institution Number, a Reporting Date and details on how to access and submit a VASP AML/CFT Registration Form via the Central Bank’s Online Reporting (’ONR’) system.
3. The applicant submits a VASP AML/CFT Registration Form and all supporting documentation through the ONR system.
4. The Central Bank acknowledges receipt of the VASP registration submission by email to the Applicant Firm.
5. The Central Bank assesses whether the VASP registration submission contains all required information and documentation to progress to the assessment phase and notifies the Applicant Firm by email.
6. Where all the required information and documentation has been provided, the Central Bank conducts an assessment of the registration application. Where necessary, the Central Bank will request further information and/or clarification from the applicant.
7. The applicant is provided with the opportunity to respond to the Central Bank’s request for further information and/or clarification.
8. The Central Bank will assess the additional information provided by the applicant and notify the applicant of its assessment and next steps. The applicant may be provided with a further opportunity to address concerns arising at this stage in the process (if any).
9. The Central Bank will notify the applicant of its decision to either grant or refuse the registration.
Documentation that is required to accompany the
Applicants should submit the following fully completed registration forms:
Application for Registration
1. VASP AML/CFT Registration Form (including the specific information and documentation requested therein)
2. Beneficial Owners Application Forms, as appropriate:
1. Application for each Legal Person or Other Entity Type who is a beneficial owner in an Applicant VASP
2. Application for each Natural Person who is a beneficial owner in an Applicant VASP
3. The applicant will also need to ensure that all relevant individuals proposed to hold Pre-Approval Controlled Function roles complete
Fitness and Probity Individual Questionnaires. Individual Questionnaires must be submitted electronically via the Central Bank’s ONR
system by all relevant individuals. Applicants should review the Central Bank’s Guidance on Fitness and Probity Standards 2018 before
submitting an Individual Questionnaire.
Setting up your VASP entity in Ireland!
We assist in the full registration process with Central Bank of Ireland.
If you are looking to obtain a Crypto Asset Services Provider (VASP) license in Ireland, Atrium Legal Lab can offer you its legal, technical and business expertise and consulting support.
Our dedicated Financial Services Regulatory Team works closely with clients who are subject to AML / CFT requirements across a number of sectors. We have also advised a number of clients engaged in providing crypto services in Ireland.
We have vast experience in dealing with AML / CFT issues across the spectrum from establishing an AML / CFT framework and preparing policies and procedures; providing annual training; advising on suspicious transaction report filings; advising on governance and outsourcing arrangements related to AML / CFT and guiding clients through themed inspections and supervisory / enforcement engagement on AML / CFT.
Virtual Asset Service Providers ('VASPs')
Regulation of providers of services relating to virtual assets
Our Company Services
Services we DO and Services we DO NOT DO
Our company is EXCLUSIVELY engaged in assisting worldwide clients, either individuals or corporate entities, to get duly and properly registered and licensed with local Regulators and Financial Authorities to get respective official licenses to legally carry out their cryptocurrency business activities.
Atrium Legal Lab does not carry out any sort of cryptocurrency business trade or financial service!
You would like to discuss with us
You can either call or email us.
One of our Customer Representatives will be most pleased to help and assist you
The information and materials contained in this website do not constitute an offer, invitation, solicitation, advice or recommendation to buy the products and services offered and rendered by Atrium Legal Lab and shall be applied with prior consultation.
Atrium Legal Lab does not offer legal or tax advice without consultation with certified professionals with related appropriate skill and expertise.
The information contained in this website is for general guidance on matters of interest only and should not be considered as guidance for financial or tax decisions, or a substitute for specific professional consultation.
Atrium Legal Lab is not a bank, nor does it provide banking services. Atrium Legal Lab offers international company formation, corporate administration services, and bank/broker introductory services and account opening assistance.
This website is only used for promotional marketing purposes of Atrium Legal Lab and is not intended to portray that this is the site of a bank. All prospective clients should consult a properly qualified tax professional in their own country to determine their own tax implications prior to embarking on any strategy described in this website. Since laws in each country are different, constantly change and can be subject to different interpretations by courts of law, any information herein regarding tax minimization needs to be verified by such competent counsel. While we have made every effort to ensure that the information contained in this website is accurate and correct due to constant changes in laws, rules and regulations Atrium Legal Lab Ltd accepts no liability for any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly from action taken or not taken relying on the information contained in this website. In particular no warranty is given as to the completeness, accuracy, reliability of such information and as to whether it is at all times up to date.
Atrium Legal Lab accepts no liability for any loss or damage direct or indirectly arising from the application of any information contained in this website, including any loss, damage or expenses arising from, but not limited to, any defect, error, mistake, inaccuracy, reliability of this website, its contents or related services, or due to any unavailability of this Site or any part thereof of any contents or related services.
Due to our internal policies to prevent fraudulent activities or violations of our internal AML policies we are regretting that we do not provide consultations, email support, on-boarding activities and customer care to all OECD black listed countries and their citizens / entities.